2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

chronarch 50mg ?

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Fishdog 
#1 ·
I want to replace the handle on my MG, the knobs have turned into gum. Anyone know what my options are as far as a replacement handle?

#6 ·
You can replace it with a stock handle. The stickiness issue have been traced to sunscreen. Some brands do not get along with the Septon material we use for the handle knobs. If you can keep your hands clean, or switch brands then you should not have a problem again.

#7 ·
I'm not claiming to know for sure.......but I think also petroleum based sprays or greases will also gum em up. I don't use sunscreen so I know its not that. But I've had a couple reels do that. I'm more carefull now when rebuilding them with greasy fingers. No problems yet.

#10 ·
:rotfl: LMAO............Yea, I've had friends use my reels and tell me they sprayed "stuff" under the handle grips. That seemed to start it off.....and sometimes I use wheel bearing grease on penns and then start working on shimanos......I wash my hands first now. Still lmao....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.